3 January 2021

welcome 2021

Well, 2020 was a bit of a year, wasn't it? 

Personally I decided to make some life changes that I am continuing with. There's been a blip up to and over the Christmas period and a substantial weight gain was the result. But it was about what I predicted, I know why it has happened and I am prepared to take it on the chin and start again. Only I won't be starting from scratch. I have certainly gained, but not even half of what I have lost since May (more like a quarter 😜)

Anyway, today we are clearing the fridge and we've already done a menu for the week and a shopping list accordingly. I am about to finish the Lindt and Godiva chocolates and the pate that's unopened has a really long date on it so can be eaten anytime - no rush!

I completed C25K just before Christmas, although I should technically call it C230M (couch to 30 minutes) because I am nowhere near 5K in 30 minutes, but I can run (shuffle) for 30 mins no drama! So my next task is to do it faster, increase my speed and really feel I am exercising, out of breath and heart pounding instead of pacing myself so well that I can still hold a conversation and recover in less than 30 seconds. I am starting the programme again safe in the knowledge that I can run for 30 minutes and so mentally I have already done it, but now I am going to push myself by running, rather than 'jogging' (shuffling)

I have done week1 run1 and I was knackered, but I felt good that I was taking the full 90 seconds between runs to recover and my heart was pounding and I was out of breath. Although it's hard, I feel like I'm properly exercising. That was last Tuesday, and I won't have the opportunity to run again until this Tuesday, so I might really feel it again, and need to repeat the first run to make sure I'm ready for week 2!

I haven't made any drastic new year resolutions, just to continue with what I am doing, do it properly and reap the benefits. In the meantime, thank goodness for elasticated waists! 

No comments:

Post a Comment