10 June 2020

6 kilos lighter?

I'm feeling motivated and feeling good.

I think the key difference to previous times is that I am planning and tracking every single morsel that passes my lips. I know it's all still new and the motivation is always high at the beginning, but I genuinely feel my mind is in a different place this time.

I have previously 'forgotten' to track this little thing or that little thing and them look aghast at the scales when they don't show me what I want to see. It would be the scales' fault, of course!

Working shifts can sometimes disrupt what I'm trying to do, but yesterday i was on a long day and I had all my meals planned and prepared the day before so I wasn't faced with the 6 am decisions on what to eat for 3 meals - that's never very good.

I'm also planning meals so that I know if I'm having a point-heavy dinner, I make my lunch less so. today we were supposed to be having turkey mince chilli tacos. But we decided this afternoon that it might be nicer in the slow cooker and it was a bit late now to start. So we've changed that to tomorrow's dinner instead. Unfortunately, our alternative meal is a bit higher points and I had my lunch based on the turkey! Oh well, thank goodness for weeklies!

I'm making a real effort to drink loads of water too. I always take a bottle to work, but find when I'm at home I don't drink as much at all. My bottle comes with me at all times now and I try to refill at least once, preferably twice in a day. It hold 600 mls and with other drinks throughout the day, I easily get 2 litres if I refill it once. refilling it twice just gives me that bit extra.

My starting weight was on a Saturday night fully clothed and after meals. My first weigh in was the same and I lost 3 kg. My second weigh in was naked on Sunday morning before food (and after a wee!!) and the scales had gone down another 3 kg. So, I don't really think I have lost 6 kg, but I have definitely lost weight and that's what the scales say! I will stick to naked Sunday mornings from now on I think, to make sure it's reliable.

No comments:

Post a Comment